A Catalyst for Change: Top 10 Reasons for Implementing Vizzle Next Gen
People often resist change. It can take time, work, and ample energy to make change happen. Plus, learning something new, especially when you’ve already got a lot on your plate, can feel daunting.
Take, for example, the special education teachers and coordinators of Mesquite, Texas. We spoke with two outstanding teachers and one coordinator who work with students ranging in special needs and abilities as well as in age about two big changes they made in their classrooms not that long ago. The first was switching from one online platform, Unique, to another, VizZle. This switch was soon followed by the transition from VizZle Classic (the original version) to the newer version, VizZle Next Gen, within the last year. The reason? Texas curriculum is integrated into the VizZle product to make teachers’ and coordinators’ lives easier and more seamless. But change is hard, after all, and teachers felt it, especially because they were used to Unique.
Still, once Matt and Tiffany (teachers) and Jill (coordinator) navigated their initial apprehension about trying something new with a population of students who also count a great deal on managed expectations, they haven’t looked back.
These interviews provided invaluable insight, revealing not only the sheer amount of work and responsibility implicit in the roles of teachers and coordinators, but also making abundantly clear the enormous collective desire educators share to positively impact the lives of the students they work with. Classroom resources in the best cases should enable teachers to do what they do best: teach and transform.
Here’s a look at our top ten reasons a change to VizZle Next Gen could do you good if you’re a special education teacher or coordinator in Texas.
1. Track and Share Progress with the Education TeamWith TEKS aligned curriculum integrated into Vizzle, the team can use Vizzle data to see how students are progressing with standards and IEP goals and objectives.
2. Free Up More Time for One-on-One Work with StudentsVizzle lessons can be set up in blocks of time and by level for teachers to focus on students who need more personal attention.
3. Teach Technology SkillsIn today’s world, everyone needs to know the basics of technology. Vizzle affords opportunities to learn foundational skills as basic as logging in, while engaging students who like spending time on a computer or iPad.
4. Meet and Reward Students Where They AreAssign lessons and activities from Vizzle’s extensive library of content based on the varying levels and needs of students in your classroom. Recognize their achievements with built-in celebrations at the end of each lesson.
5. Easily Customize Your LessonsEasily import personalized pictures and edit lessons to make materials meaningful for in the classroom or your local community! Set preferences like text-to-speech, switch accessibility, reinforcers, celebrations and more.
6. Get the Support You Need to Make It Work in Your ClassroomHelp is just an in-app chat, phone call or email away. The responsive Vizzle team can provide on-site trainings and webinars, and often incorporates teacher feedback into product updates.
7. Reinforce LearningDemonstrating aptitude on a lesson, skill or goal is easy. Set criteria and alerts to know when students have mastered material and are ready to move on.
8. Everybody (Teachers and Students) Can Do It!Vizzle is easy to set up and navigate, and caters to students of all abilities and needs.
9. Do Less PaperworkThe integration of standardized curriculum into Vizzle takes a lot of the guesswork out of preparing, planning, and reporting on students’ progress.
10. Help Make the Lightbulb Go OnTeachers live for student progress, those "aha moments" when things click and stick. Vizzle increases student engagement, excitement and helps spark those moments of success.
We asked what advice the teachers and coordinators would give to anyone considering a change. They all thought trying out Vizzle was time well spent. Having curriculum already aligned, easy to access data, and an individualized platform, Vizzle can be a catalyst for positive change.
Free trials and pilot programs are available – click here to request more information.